The account settings allow changing some of the general settings that affect some of the data shown within the fleet management system. The following settings can be modified:
- System localization – can be set by country. A search bar is implemented to help quickly locate a country. This localization is used mostly for “Google maps” to assure that setting comply with the selected countries laws and regulations. If this setting is not set, the system will automatically synchronize localization settings from the login computer on each login. Once the localization is selected, the auto synchronization will stop.
- Units of measurement – here the user can select in what format will the units be shown within the system. Imperial or metric units can be selected.
- Timezones – this setting allows the user to select his current timezone. With a set timezone, the system will automatically adjust received records to match the selected time zone.
- Tacho file naming – the user can select a naming format for the tacho files. European, Spanish or French can be selected.
- System language – the user can select the system language, this was previously available from the login page.
After any changes are made, the “Save” button must be clicked, otherwise the changes will be discarded once the user leaves this page. If the user tries to leave the page after making some changes without saving them, a pop-up window will appear, informing the user about unsaved changes.
The map settings allow to change some of the display features on the map. The following options can be modified:
- Cluster vehicle markers – enables / disables the display of clusters on the map;
- “Vehicles are clustered till” – this setting defines at which zoom level the objects are shown as cluster, the smaller the number the closer the zoom level. The example window next to the setting display the number of the current zoom level, which allows the user to set the zoom level;
- Show icon in vehicle marker – enables / disables the display of the vehicle type on the map;
- Show name in vehicle marker – enables / disables the display of the vehicle name on the map;
- Compact vehicle markers – enables / disable the display of smaller and more compact vehicle icons on the map.
- Show geozones markers – enables / disable the display of selected geozones on the map.
All changes are previewed on the mini map next to the settings
After any changes are made, the “Save” button must be clicked. If changes are made and the user decides to leave the page, a warning window will appear, informing the user about unsaved changes.
The address settings allow changing how some some of the address information is displayed in the system.
Specifically, the user can select how the vehicles current location is displayed in reports (long address) and the vehicle list (short address).
Long address can consist of:
- Address only – will display only the address of the vehicle in reports;
- Geozones only – will display only the geozone(s) of the vehicle in reports. It the vehicle was not in any geozone, the field will be blank;
- Address and Geozones – will display both addresses and geozones in reports.
Display examples for the same report: address only display on the top, geozone only display in the middle, address and geozone display on the bottom.
Short address can consist of:
- Address only – will display the address of the vehicle in the vehicle list in the fleet status menu;
- Geozones only – will display the geozone name in which the vehicle is currently located. If the vehicle is not in a geozone, the field will be blank.
Display examples for the same vehicles: geozone only display on the left, address only display on the right.